Please follow these steps to translate a theme to your language.
1. Install the WordPress in your language http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress_in_Your_Language
2. If you already have WordPress installed then open wp-config.php file which reside in root directory of WordPress installation and look for define(‘WPLANG’, ’’); and modify it to to your language code for example change it to define(‘WPLANG’, ‘fr_FR’); for french. Complete lists of codes can be found at (country codes) and (language codes).
3. Download and install poedit from http://www.poedit.net/download.php
4. Look for default.po file in your theme’s root directory, if it is not there then look for the directory named ‘languages’
5. Download the default.po and rename it to your language code for example fr_FR.po for french.
6. Start translating fr_FR.po in poedit software from English to French. You do not need to translate everything, instead look for the sentences or words that you really need to translate and leave the others as it is.
7. Save the fr_FR.po file in poedit and it will create a new file named fr_FR.mo with in the same directory as fr_FR.po file in your computer.
8. Upload fr_FR.po & fr_FR.mo to the directory from where you have downloaded the default.po initially.
That’s it. Your translation should work fine now.
If you have any problem or question with translation. Please let us know by submitting a support ticket.